Saturday, May 27, 2006

Why Now?

Why does my mother choose to care now? She's spent my entire life choosing which aspects of my life she chooses to care about, and now she thinks she can change what she cares about and that will be alright. I learned to live with, and deal with, the areas she didnt care about, and fashioned my life around that. Now that Im almost 21, she thinks she can care about all the things I wanted her to care about 10 years ago and everything will be okay. It's not okay. It's too late for her to care. When it came to caring about the things that mattered the most to me, she was nowhere to be found. She says she's going to make me go to counseling, and I'm going to go, but Im not going to talk about the thing she thinks Im going to talk about. I have issues to deal with--I know that. But they aren't the issues she thinks they are. She stopped noticing the real problems a long time ago.

No comments: