Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tonight's American Idol

I honestly think the judges have predisposed towards the guys this season as a general rule--particularly Paula and Randy. I gotta tell you, none of the guys have impressed me this season. Several of the girls did, but none of the guys. I've watched faithfully since season three, and there have been guys and girls in each season that I've been impressed with. Of the Idol contestants of the past, I've got Kelly Clarkson's albums, Diana DeGarmo's, Clay Aiken's, Tamayra, Carrie, and Bo. This season, there's not one guy who's album I'd buy. Of the girls, I'd buy Katherine and Lisa. I liked Paris, but I dont know if I'd buy her album. I've never understood what the judges saw in the guys this season to make them sing their praises. The guys were alright, but certainly not deserving of this constant praise the judges have heaped on them from day one. The other thing I've noticed, as compared to last season, is that none of the final three seem like they could be true stars from day one. I thought it was pretty obvious that any of last season's top three could be stars right off the bat. I dont feel that way with this top three, as much as I like Katherine.

No comments: