Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's halftime...

It's halftime at the UW-MSU (Wisconsin - Michigan State) game and I definitely agree with the pundits - both teams need to find some defense. My Badgers need to find the answer to Neitzel and quick. It's nice to see, however, the Badgers getting MSU into foul trouble early. That's a hallmark of the Badgers this year and it's nice to see it continue. Now, whether Wisconsin's ability to make the 3 this half is due to Michigan State's apparent lack of D this half, or if it's a continuation of the current trend, I dont know. I do, however, like it! And of course, Tucker's doing his thing again :) You know, I watch Tucker play and I watch Oden play and I have to wonder why Oden's being included in POY talk. Nevermind the fact that Oden didn't play at the beginning of the season and is just recently truly playing well. In my mind, a POY needs to have/do the following things:
  • Leadership
  • Great numbers in relation to his team's numbers (in other words, compare Durant's numbers in relation to his team's numbers with Tucker's numbers in relation to his team's numbers.)
  • Makes his teammates want to be better, just because he's on the team
  • Has the magical 'it' quality
  • Recognizes the adage "There's no 'I' in team", then follows it

Okay, here we go...second half time. GO BADGERS!

No comments: