Thursday, June 08, 2006

I hate my job

I know it pays well, but I hate it nonetheless. If I could find another that paid as well, I'd switch in a heartbeat. It wasnt so bad when I was just working 12 hrs/week during school, but now Im working 40 hrs/week and I hate it...absolutely hate it. Nothing I do requires that I use my brain. And the lady I work with, when I started full time, said I should start making goals for each week, now that Im working a "real" job. Okay, Judy...what Im doing doesnt count, because I dont have to use my brain. I'm getting a college education and Im going to use my brain in my job. Thus, this doesn't count as working in the "real world." It's a job, one that's structured around school, and that's another reason its not anything like what I'll have one I graduate. I've been cleaning out the filing cabinet since classes ended almost 4 weeks ago now, and Im almost half way through the filing cabinets. Of course, once I get the filing cabinets done, I get to deal with the inventory mess on my desk, and in terms of the boredom factor, that stuff isn't much better. However, the inventory stuff should only take me 2 solid weeks of work, or perhaps not even that. However, after that Im still left with a good portion of July and almost all of August. I shudder to think of the projects they'll find for me to do. I miss 12 hrs/week, when all I had time for was entering the odd order and filing. *sigh* Im just frustrated.

No comments: